We take patient health seriously at Juniper Dentistry, so we wanted to update all of you about the protocols that we are putting in place to keep us all healthy and safe. With appropriate infection control, in-office social distancing, and an innovative approach to aerosol containment, we are greatly confident we can deliver care in a safe, effective, and friendly manner. Here are just a few of the ways your dental visit will be a little different from what you are used to:
- You will receive a pre-appointment questionnaire asking about symptoms, travel patterns, and other info related to COVID-19. Any patients who report flu-like symptoms or other concerns will be rescheduled at a convenient time 14 days later.
- You will be required to wear face coverings or masks when entering Juniper Dentistry. You will only be asked to remove it once you enter the treatment room (Otherwise… it would be tricky for us to examine your teeth.)
- Right when you come in our office, we will give you hand sanitizer to use before checking in and sitting down.
- Upon arrival, we will take your temperature with a contact-less thermometer and ask you a few screening questions. If your temperature is above 100.4 degrees, you may be asked to consult an in-house doctor and we will reschedule your appointment for a convenient time 14 days later.
- We ask that you do not bring anyone to accompany you to the office unless necessary. We will position waiting room seating to allow patients to remain six feet apart, disinfecting seats at routine intervals during the day.
- After we bring you back for treatment, we will ask you to gargle with Peroxyl mouthwash before we get started.
If you come in with your own gloves, please remove them when coming in to minimize outside germs.
INFORMED CONSENT FOR IN-PERSON SERVICES
DURING COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS
Your Responsibility to Minimize Your Exposure
To obtain services in person, you agree to take certain precautions which will help keep everyone safer from exposure, sickness, and possible death.
- You will only keep your in-person appointment if you are symptom free.
- You will take your temperature before coming to each appointment. If it is elevated (100 Fahrenheit or more), or if you have other symptoms of the coronavirus, you agree to cancel the appointment or proceed using telehealth. If you wish to cancel for this reason, I will not charge you our normal cancellation fee.
- Please wait in your car or outside until no earlier than five minutes before our appointment time.
- Please wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when you enter the building.
- Please adhere to the safe distancing precautions we have set up in the waiting room and testing/therapy room. For example, you will not move chairs or sit where we have signs asking you not to sit.
- Please wear a mask in all areas of the office (we will too).
- Please keep six feet social distancing and no physical contact (e.g. no shaking hands) with anyone onsite.
- Please try not to touch your face or eyes with your hands. If you do, please immediately wash, or sanitize your hands.
- If you are bringing your child, you will make sure that your child follows these sanitation and distancing protocols.
- If you have a job that exposes you to other people who are infected, please immediately let our staff know.
- If your commute or other responsibilities or activities put you in close contact with others (beyond your family), please let our staff know.
In addition to the measures we’re taking with you, our patients, here’s how our staff will be working hard behind the scenes to make sure Juniper Dentistry is safe and sparkling clean:
- All clinical staff will be wearing proper PPE, including face masks, face shields, and clinical gowns.
- All non-clinical areas (such as waiting rooms and restrooms) will be disinfected round the clock. They’ll also undergo a crazy thorough after-hours cleaning.
- All clinical areas will also be disinfected and cleaned routinely.
- All surfaces will be regularly disinfected, including counter tops, door handles, computers, faucets, light switches, phones… you get the idea.
- All surfaces in the operatories will be disinfected in-between patients, according to OSHA and CDC standards. We’ll schedule appointments to allow for thorough infection control.
- We’ll be utilizing cutting-edge dental appliances to improve clinical efficiency and better contain procedural aerosol.
- We’ll use disposable instruments whenever possible. All other instruments will be sterilized according to OSHA and CDC standards.
Even the air is different here – literally. We’ve invested in air filtration technology developed as a rapid response to the SARS epidemic for hospitals, utilizing six stage technology including high intensity Ultraviolet radiation to destroy bacteria and viruses, making Juniper Dentistry’s air cleaner and better than anywhere else. (Because you’re worth it!)